Security Systems Engineer
Security Systems Engineer – 90% Site Based Birmingham
Up to £35,000 + 25 days holiday + BH, 40hr week, Company Vehicle, Travel -15 minutes either way, iPad and iPhone
About the Client:
- Our client, specialists in the Fire and Security industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Security Systems Engineer based around the Birmingham area to join their site based team on a permanent basis.
- Undertake installation, commissioning, and maintenance of electronic security systems to NSI Gold standards.
- Verify the detailed accuracy of equipment specifications at the “pre-installation” stage.
- Engage with client early in specification stage to help them refine requirements and to enable better project preparation.
- Assist with technical design at sales stage when required.
- Liaise with customers and contractors at a local / site level.
- Ensure that systems are properly tested and commissioned to NSI Gold standards and assist in the production of O&M documentation.
- Produce RAMs for customer sign off in advance of site installation attendance
- Ensure that customers receive appropriate and adequate training and maximise customer satisfaction.
- Assist in maximising company profits
- 5 years’ experience within the electronic security industry.
- Prior experience of managing electronic security projects from start to finish.
- Experienced with all areas of complex access control, CCTV and intruder systems.
- A broad technical IT knowledge, i.e. installing software/applications, networking and confident with Microsoft Excel/Word packages.
- Knowledge of basic electrical principals.
- Highly motivated with an excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several complex tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Practical and hands on approach to delivering outcomes.
- Ability to learn new information quickly and keep up with changing products and processes.
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally, with the confidence to build working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Willingness to travel nationwide and stay overnight when required.
- 5 years checkable work history and able to pass relevant security checks.
- UK Driving licence.
- ECS Card
The following would be desirable:
- Electrical/Electronic qualifications, C&G, HNC, etc.
- Previous electromechanical experience.
- Janus access control experience.
- FAAC barriers experience.
- Avigilon and Hikvision CCTV experience and certification.
- Lock installation, i.e. Maglocks and Abloy EL560