Up to £44,000
10-09-2021 03:08 PM
South West and West Midlands
Up to £44,000
About the Client:
- Our client, specialists in the Fire and Security industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Project Manager based around the South West and West Midlands area to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Take full ownership of FSN projects allocated to you.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the project.
- To establish the clients requirements.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements and plan and schedule project timelines as well as tracking project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Work with the Sales and Design teams to develop and produce full scale project design and plan, CAD, on Life Safety & Security & any other integrated building systems as specified. Ensuring all compliant with latest technical & regulatory requirements (i.e. EN, BS, HTM) with BAFE/NACOSS/NSI codes of practice.
- To ensure adherence to all client contracts as well as the agreed specifications issued including but not definitive, building control requirements and Fire officers’ fire risk assessments.
- To take full responsibility for the Health & Safety on the small works projects including regular reporting, site audits, organising toolbox talks and attending clients Health & Safety site meetings.
- Assist with the management of the project resource allocation to ensure progress and attendance.
- Ensure the correct paperwork/certification is completed for each project.
- Carry out quality audits for projects you are managing.
- Ensure installations are carried out to the company’s requirements and to the relevant standard.
- Monitor labour requirements for projects which you are managing.
- Monitor engineers/ sub-contractors appearance and quality of paperwork.
- Provide technical assistance, support, and guidance to engineers and sub-contractors.
- Liaise with customers.
- Manage the productivity and punctuality of engineers working on the projects.
- Monitor plant requirements for each project.
- Attend site meetings when required.
- Monitor and upkeep health and safety requirements for each project.
- Monitor programme of works making sure that deadlines are met.
- Monitor and control the other commissioning engineers allocated to your project.
- To carry out any other job specific duties as deemed appropriate by your line manager.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to drive the project to completion.
- Good time management skills.
- The ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to commercially manage profit and loss of the project financials.
- Planning, organising and monitoring work to tight timescales, deadlines & manage within a pressurised environment keeping the project on track, by negotiating effectively and able to influence and persuade throughout all levels of the hierarchy.
- Good communication skills, verbal & written & conflict management skills as well as customer facing skills and presentation.
- Influencing and leading and the ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, customers and external influences.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver presentations.